What is ESP8266?
The ESP8266 is a Wi-Fi chip with full TCP/IP stack and microcontroller capability. The board could be powered with 3.3V and provides connectivity for your IoT boards so that you can tinker around and play with your innovative ideas.
What powers ESP8266?
- 32-bit RISC CPU: Tensilica Xtensa LX106 running at 80 MHz
- 64 KiB of instruction RAM, 96 KiB of data RAM
- External QSPI flash – 512 KiB to 4 MiB (up to 16MiB is supported)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- WEP or WPA/WPA2 authentication, or open networks
- 16 GPIO pins
- SPI, I²C,
- I²S interfaces with DMA (sharing pins with GPIO)
- UART on dedicated pins, plus a transmit-only UART can be enabled on GPIO2
- 1 10-bit ADC
Click for more Videos on ESP8266 here.