By Sneha Ambastha
Kontron recently launched a mini Box-PC named Kbox A-201, which supports Intel Gateway solutions for the Internet of Things (that was previously known as Moon Island). It has a unified middleware along with Kontron’s embedded application programming interface (KEAPI) that permits an easy approach and dominance of hardware resources. It is an application ready machine to machine platform that puts up an easily Internet of Things.
Why Intelligent Gateway solution?
The primary cause behind the evolution of the intelligent gateway solutions like KBox A-201 mini PC is the McAfee Embedded Control 6.1 and the Wind River Intelligent Platform XT 2.0. These intelligent gateways allow the connection of extending systems to the next generation intelligent infrastructures however they are decisive to the extending systems. They allow engineers to exploit business opportunities enabled by the Internet of Things along with the data it generates.
What does Kbox mini PC do?
The purpose of this Kbox mini PC is to increase the serviceability, flexibility and cost efficiency of a number of applications like communication, shipping and industrial automation. It offers a pre-validated, standardized platform to its operators and to OEMs to capture, analyse and apply the data needed to reach new business advantages. It is based on Intel Atom processor E3800 that allows the engineers to beat a very loyal and sophisticated IoT connectivity. It can be equipped with LTE (4G) and GSM (2G/3G) or WiFi for local networks or for wireless connection to the cloud.
Specification of KBox A-201 mini
It is its specification that differentiates KBox A-201 mini PC from the other IoT gateway solutions.
- Modular and maintenance free design
- Low power embedded architecture platform (SMARC form factor)
- Up to 8 gigabytes of ECC (Error checking and correction) memory.
- Broad range of industrial interface- 2x Gbit Ethernet, 2x USB 2.0, optional CAN bus and/or Profibus interface
- 3 external antenna connectors for high signal
- 64GB Integrated SSD (solid state drives)
- Integrated TPM (trusted platform module) enables increased data security
- Compact in size: 56.8 mm x 150 mm x 95 mm (H x W x D)
Sneha Ambastha is a Technical Journalist at EFY Gurgaon.