Future Electronics adds more sensor platforms to its development kit to streamline prototyping of IoT solutions
Developers have to make many choices in order to create an effective solution for the Internet of Things (IoT). Future Electronics has updated its Nebula IoT Development Kit, an IoT cloud ready board that allows developers to quickly prototype and deploy their IoT ecosystems. The kit adds six compatible shields to provide developers with many different sensor platforms to design with, including four Mikroelektronika click boards targeted for humidity, proximity and temperature related applications.
The Nebula board has been designed to enable novices and expert developers alike to explore the vast opportunities in IoT applications, including asset tracking, energy management, fitness, lighting controls, HVAC, portable controls, security and building automation.
“The launch of the Nebula IoT Development Kit has been a fantastic success,” said Matthew Rotholz, Vice President of Future Connectivity Solutions. “Customers have found that the out-of-the-box experience has been simple and easy to use.”
Nebula IoT development Kit
- The Nebula board supports applications development through the Cypress WICED (Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices) Studio development platform.
- Wireless connectivity is supported by the Murata 1DX module, which is powered by the Cypress CYW4343W Wi-Fi and BT/BLE combo SoC.
- The SoC includes a 2.4 GHz WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n baseband/radio and Bluetooth 4.2 support.
- The kit is equipped with four different interfaces to access the STM32F429 peripherals, enabling developers to create any IoT application: Arduino compatible shield, mikroBUS socket, Pmod Connector/Interface and USB.
- Easy hardware expandability through a large number of standardized add-on boards. Each one focuses on a different application such as motor control and environmental sensors, and includes the wireless connectivity to enable IoT development. The add-on boards will also be available for purchase from Future Electronics.
Click here to order Nebula Development Board and compatible shields.
For further details, click here.