The W77Q components are currently available for sampling in densities of 16Mbit, 32Mbit, 64Mbit, and 128Mbits.
China OFweek’s 7th IoT& AI Innovative Technology Product Awards 2022 have chosen TrustME® W77Q Secure Flash as the winner, according to Winbond Electronics Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor memory solutions.
Since its inception in 2016, the OFweek IoT Innovative Technology Product Awards have been regarded as one of the most expert, significant, and representational developments in China’s high-tech sector. OFweek is a well-known media outlet in China that focuses on technology. The goal of the IoT Innovative Technology Product Awards is to honour companies, technologies, use cases, and products that have made outstanding contributions to the Internet sector. This will inspire additional companies to invest in product and technology innovation and promote the healthy growth of the entire sector.
With support for secure storage, secure boot, root-of-trust, and resilience, the W77Q Secure Flash memory is a revolutionary drop-in replacement for current Flash devices. It offers high security for operations like over-the-air updates and device authentication.
The W77Q makes it possible for IoT devices to have strong, end-to-end security by:
- Security boot and Root of Trust
- Discreet Storage
- Even if the host processor or SoC has been compromised, secure code updates, including over-the-air upgrades, can be carried out between an update authority and the W77Q over an end-to-end secure channel.
- Secure Execute-in-Place (XiP) of boot and application code between the – Flash device and the host, utilising authentication and encryption
- System robustness, supporting protection, detection, and recovery as the three primary security functions
- Security Approved: ASIL-C functional safety certified by Common Criteria EAL2+, FIPS 140-3 CAVP, SESIP level 2 (in progress), and ISO26262
Winbond is happy that OFweek gave their W77Q the honour for being the finest Secure Flash device in the market. All the components needed for a safe, secure, and robust connected platforms, including IoT, Industrial, and Automotive, are present in Winbond’s W77Q Serial Flash. The W77Q series products are offered in market-standard packaging and pin-outs, supporting industry-standard single/dual/quad/QPI serial peripheral interface (SPI) command set, and enabling a straightforward drop-in replacement for non-secure SPI NOR Flash devices from all major vendors.