Orient Electric Will Soon Implement IoT To More Of Its Products

647
  • Already, the company’s IoT-based range of fans called Aeroslim is quite popular.
  • Now plans are to expand it further to lighting systems and home appliances. 

AI & ML with appropriate domain knowledge is a key element for IoTOrient Electric, one of India’s leading consumer electrical brands in India, has announced to expand IoT (Internet of Things) technology to its lighting systems and home appliances.

Orient Electric has been successful in the fan market with its range of smart Aeroslim fans, that is based on IoT technology and is voice-controlled via Alexa and Google Assistant.

“We will soon introduce smart products in consumer and commercial lighting. We will also increase the range offering in other existing product lines in due course of time,” said Rakesh Khanna, CEO, Orient Electric.

He further added, “For now, we intend to limit our focus to the existing product range as there is enough opportunity and potential to increase penetration of IoT-enabled products within the range.”

The company is also working with a few established players and startups to develop consumer-centric smart products.

Increased revenue growth

In the year 2018-19, Orient Electric’s business from electrical consumer durables (ECD) business (comprising of fans and home appliances) was 71 percent, while the rest 29 percent came from lighting and switchgear.

“In terms of revenue growth, ECD business grew at 9 percent while growth in lighting and switchgear business was at 31 percent during the financial year 18-19,” Khanna said. “While we expect growth in both segments, the percentage growth in lighting and switchgear business is likely to be higher due to lower base.”

Orient Electric, which has formed a retail partnership with Italy-based small appliances maker De’Longhi Group, also looks to expand premium brands De’Longhi, Kenwood and Braun to tier-II cities besides metro markets.

Regarding De’Longhi range of products, Rakesh Khanna said that the market response for all the three brands has been encouraging.

“As far as expansion is concerned, we are currently focusing on the metro cities and will eventually move to other tier I and II cities,” he said.

Vinay

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here