- To accelerate time to value, Hitachi is delivering Lumada Data Services through existing and new products
- New Lumada solutions improve efficiency and drive innovation
- With this announcement, Hitachi is expanding Lumada to address the modern requirements of collaborative data management for the AI era
Hitachi Vantara has announced the expansion of the Lumada platform services and solutions portfolio to drive more innovation through DataOps. Hitachi Vantara will now extend Lumada’s capabilities beyond the internet of things (IoT) for enterprise and industrial customers to address the data challenges common to customers in any industry and for any use case.
New and updated Lumada offerings include:
- Lumada Data Services, a set of software services that help customers manage increasingly complex data ecosystems with an intelligent data foundation. Customers will be able to govern and manage all their data assets, including structured and unstructured, across data center, cloud and edge locations.
- Lumada Data Lake, an innovative, “smart” data lake offering that is self-optimizing – and which intelligently places data sets in an optimal location. It is readily accessible to analytics anywhere.
- Lumada Edge Intelligence, a new set of software and validated edge hardware devices that enable organizations to manage data and analytics at the network edge for digital use cases such as IoT.
“Organizations today are implementing digital strategies to improve their operations and customer interactions. As they do, they’re realizing that traditional approaches to managing data aren’t working for them,” said Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantara.
In 2017, Hitachi unveiled Lumada commercially worldwide to address the opportunities for innovation made possible by IoT data and technologies.