- HERE Live Sense SDK has been designed to give drivers real-time insight to make informed travel decisions
- It provides information through both audio and visual notifications
- The new kit is now available in beta for Android and will soon be available for iOS
HERE Technologies, a mapping and location platform service company, has announced the availability of the HERE Live Sense SDK, a new software development kit (SDK). It has been designed to give drivers real-time insight in order to be able to make informed decisions, road infrastructure or driving conditions, without cloud processing or the need for connectivity.
HERE Live Sense SDK helps to turn the devices with front-facing cameras, such as smartphones, dashcams or vehicle cameras, into highly intelligent vehicle sensors. Devices can then detect objects on the road, pedestrians or cyclists, road infrastructures such as traffic lights and road signs and potential hazards such as potholes, road closures or construction zones.
More about the new model
Based on the data that has been detected, HERE Live Sense SDK provides information through both audio and visual notifications, which will help the driver make an informed decision of which action needs to be taken next.It also has the ability to detect changes in reality versus the onboard map to keep drivers informed of a change in speed limit.
HERE Live Sense SDK uses multiple AI/ML detection models, including:
- Road Basics: Detection and classification of objects on the road.
- Road Alerts: Recognition and notification of braking vehicles, pedestrians and bicycle detection.
- Road Hazards: Detection and classification of unexpected hazards along the way.
- Road Signs: Detection and classification of speed limits.
The HERE Live Sense SDK is now available in beta for Android and will soon be available for iOS. In addition, HERE is already working with customers on the first commercial implementations of the SDK.