Blocklet Foundation Kit’s preconfigured and comprehensive Blocklet-enabled software, hardware and resources can be utilised offline or online
Filament, a leading provider of comprehensive enterprise blockchain solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the launch of its latest Blocklet Foundation Kit that is specifically designed for embedded and hardware developers who are focused on IoT.
Equipped with Filament’s Blocklet technology, the new blockchain development kit offers hands-on experience and enables the users to create IoT blockchain transactions on-device and showcase smart contract functionality.
Blocklet Foundation Kit’s preconfigured and comprehensive Blocklet-enabled software, hardware and resources can be utilised offline or online to demonstrate attestation-driven smart contracts and machine-to-machine (M2M) transactions between various devices on a distributed ledger.
The key components of Blocklet Foundation Kit include:
- A tablet computer preloaded with tools, applications and example scripts that enable an embedded developer to rapidly experiment with Blocklet
- IoT device with an integrated and interactive user interface that demonstrates how Blocklet gives an identity for legacy infrastructure components
- Blocklet USB Enclaves that bring Blocklet’s features to existing hardware
- A lightweight, prewired IoT breadboard that includes a Blocklet UART module and ESP32 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth microcontroller, which provides a functional example of Blocklet operating in an embedded environment
- Ethereum support and a robust embedded Software Development Kit (SDK).
Provides hands-on experience
Commenting on the development, Frank Friesacher, Executive Vice President – Product, Filament, said, “This new kit gives embedded developers hands-on experience to evaluate and demonstrate how IoT devices and sensors at the edge can integrate and securely transact in a blockchain without incurring the infrastructure overhead typically found in today’s IoT and blockchain deployments.”
“With the increasing interest in enterprise blockchain solutions, we created this as a clear pathway to proof of concept and pilot projects that lay the foundation for successful production deployments,” added Friesacher.