The IIoT lab was established at VJTI Mumbai and is focused on new age technologies like IoT, deep learning, AI, ML and cyber security
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd. (LTI), a global IT solutions and services company, and Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), announced that they have implemented several projects, which are the outcome of their alliance’s unique Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) test bed.
The IIoT lab was introduced three years ago as a part of LTI’s CSR focus for supporting education of students from marginalised backgrounds.
The advanced lab was established at VJTI Mumbai and is focused on new age technologies like IoT, deep learning, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and cyber security.
Some of the successful projects implemented by the alliance include:
- Water Treatment Plant: An industry 4.0 test-bed for effluent treatment plant (ETP) with acid dosing process fully integrated with industrial IoT panel comprising of PLCs and DCS.
- Waste Management: An IoT project build on LoRaWAN deals with timely maintenance of geo-tagged bins across facilities by indicating when they are nearly filled and need to be cleared.
- A Blind Navigation Project: To help visually challenged people move around without assistance.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Development: The project is for IT+OT integrated log management and analytics for IIoT applications.
- Wind Turbines Maintenance Systems: For condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of wind turbines.
Emerging technologies to solve social problems
Commenting on the development, Sudhir Chaturvedi, President Sales and Executive Board Member, LTI said, “The relevance of new-age technologies in addressing age-old social issues is immense. Students and their ‘beginners mind’ combined with the academic inputs can magnify the potential outcomes of these technologies.”
“We are pleased to partner with VJTI on this unique academia-industry initiative and are earnest to launch more such initiatives that can be of use to a large section of society,” he added.
By establishing the IIoT lab, the alliance of LTI-VJTI is aimed at increasing awareness and creating interest in putting into use the cutting-edge and emerging technologies to solve social problems. This IIoT lab consists of a future-ready test bed having new-age devices and simulators. The lab uses numerous standard IoT platforms for instant use cases that involve energy sector and smart cities.